Thank you for deciding to book your stay with us at Raydale Barn.
We are the Askrigg Recreational Company Limited a company registered in England & Wales No. 10281672 (in these terms and condition “ARC”, “we”, “us” or “our”).
Your booking is only confirmed when we receive full payment, the booking form has been completed and we have confirmed your booking (‘your Booking’). By completing the booking form, you are confirming that you accept these terms and conditions.
We look forward to welcoming you to Raydale Barn. If you have any queries in the meantime, please do get in touch.
Please read these terms carefully as they make up your agreement with us.
Please note the section below titled ‘Our liability to you and others’ which limits our potential liability to you and others in your group.
Deposits paid to confirm bookings are non-refundable unless covered by the Covid-19 refund arrangements and cancellations are subject to the terms described below. Any requests to amend or cancel your booking should be addressed directly to us using the contact details included in your confirmation.
If you have any questions about Data Protection please email email@example.com
- Your Booking is for exclusive use of the unit booked; referred to as ‘Raydale Barn’
- We will try to ensure that your accommodation is secure and tidy before you arrive.
- We will provide a kitchen with some equipment for your use. We will also provide dish cloths, washing up liquid, toilet paper and bin bags for your use.
- The cost of fuel for hot water is included in your fee.
- When you make your Booking you may request kindling and fuel for the wood burning stove.
- You must only use seasoned or kiln dried wood in our log burners.
- We do not allow fireworks or outdoor fires. We do provide a barbecue and a firepit available for use by request.
- The cancellation rules below apply as soon as they are accepted by you or your deposit is received.
- Mobile phone reception is poor or non-existent in and around thebarn. Reception is occasionally possible behind barn, between the barn and the top of the hill.
- Raydale Barn is in a fairly remote location up a rough, generally inaccessible track.
- Responsibility for your group’s safety during your journey and your visit to Raydale Barn rests with you. You should, and agree to ensure that you will, have appropriate plans in place to fulfil this responsibility. These plans should include at minimum: first aid cover, access to a driver and vehicle, at all times, for emergencies and appropriate plans for the control and supervision of the group.
- Your responsibility extends to safe evacuation in the event of a fire or fire alarm.
- In the event of a major incident or accident you should contact the appropriate emergency services by using 999 (the nearest fixed line telephone box is next to the village green at Marsett at the end of Busk Lane; approximately an 8 minute walk)
- Please help us to record all accidents and injuries and near misses by notifying us by email.
Every booking must:
- Name a booking lead who is over 21.
- List all guests expected on site, including any day visitors
- Provide contact details of the booking lead (address, phone, email) to enable effective communication
- Not exceed the total number of people permitted at Raydale Barn.
All Raydale Barn guests are expected to arrive after 4pm for midweek bookings and after 5pm for weekend bookings.
All Raydale Barn guests are expected to leave by 11am midweek and by 2pm on Sundays.
We may accept later departures at weekends for which an additional charge will be made.
Minimum bookings: The minimum number of nights you can book is 2 nights at weekends. We may accept shorter bookings midweek out of peak season.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit of 30% will be taken to secure your Booking (Bookings made less than 8 weeks (56 days) in advance require full payment at the time of Booking).
- The balance of your Booking is due 8 weeks (56 days) before the date of arrival at the Centre.
- In the event of a failed balance payment, we will try to contact you. A failure to pay your balance may result in your Booking being cancelled.
Booking amendments and cancellations
If you are unable to come to Raydale Barn for your booked stay due to changes in the government guidance, in the first instance we will offer you the option to transfer to alternative dates or credit for a future stay. If government guidance prevents overnight stays, we will offer you a full refund.
- We endeavour to deliver excellent customer service and will always try to respond positively to Booking amendment requests.
- A request for a change in arrival or departure dates may be made but it may not be possible to accommodate this. If the request is made 2 weeks (or more) prior to arrival the change will be subject to an administrative fee of £25 or 10% of your total booking whichever is greater.
- If you have to cancel your Booking the following cancellation fees apply, dependent on the number of days before the arrival date that notification of cancellation is received:
|Number of days prior to arrival||Cancellation charge payable|
|More than or equal to 56 days||Any Booking deposits already paid or due|
|Between 55 – 28 days||50% of the total cost of your Booking (including planned activities/catering)|
|Less than 27 days||100% of the total cost of your Booking (including planned activities/catering)|
- If Government Covid-19 guidance prevents overnight stays we will seek to reschedule your booking; alternatively, we may issue you a full refund.
- If you or one of your party is told to self-isolate either before or during your visit to Raydale Barn and you are unable to continue with your stay you will need to claim on your own holiday insurance; no refund will be given.
- Whilst on site all guests will be covered by ARC’s Public Liability Insurance if you adhere to the terms and conditions and site usage procedures.
- ARC is not responsible for injuries to individuals or damage to their property whilst on site, unless the injury is caused through our negligence. Please take precautions to ensure that you and your equipment are safe and secure.
- We are aware that accidents do happen and ask for individuals to report any accidents to us.
- All personal belongings will not be covered by ARC’s Public Liability or Buildings Insurance. If you are bringing expensive equipment, we recommend that you check your Household Insurance or obtain Travel Insurance to cover any cost of damage or theft.
Our liability to you and others
Our liability to you, the members of your group and your visitors, is limited to the fullest extent possible. Our liability shall include only losses, damages, costs and expenses directly caused by our negligence or wilful default. We shall not be liable for any failure in the performance of any of our obligations under this agreement caused by any factor outside our control.
As an alternative to our basic offer, we can also agree cover for risks not otherwise included and/or expanded contractual terms that widen the scope of our liability to you. This is available for an additional fee. Please ask for the extra cost of the provision of this cover should you require it.
By accepting these terms and conditions, you agree that you have given due consideration to whether these terms and conditions are in all the circumstances reasonable, that you agree these terms and conditions are reasonable and also that they fully meet your requirements and the requirements of the members of your group.
COVID-19 safety requirements
To prevent the spread of COVID-19 all guests must abide by the following instructions:
- Not attend if they have symptoms linked to COVID-19.
- Not attend if they have had contact with someone who has developed symptoms in the last 10 days.
- Inform us if they, or any of their party, develop symptoms linked to COVID-19 during your stay.
- Leave site if they, or any of their party, develop symptoms whilst on site.
- Only use the facilities allocated to them.
- Follow any instructions provided.
- We permit a maximum of two well behaved dogs. You must tell us at the time of booking if you wish to bring a dog to one of our properties.
- They must be controlled when outside of any building. The surrounding land has grazing animals and ground nesting birds and the barn and grounds are not secure.
- You must have your dog on a lead or tether at all times when they are in the outside areas of the site. All guests must familiarise themselves with the Countryside Code.
- Guests are expected to clean up any dog waste.
- Dogs are not permitted to go onto beds or soft furnishings.
- No other pets are permitted.
Barbeques and fires
- No open fires are allowed anywhere around the Raydale Barn site other than as agreed below.
- Raydale Barn guests may use the barbeque supplied. Guests should bring their own charcoal.
- Raydale Barn guests may use the fire pit only in the areas indicated on their Booking Confirmation documents.
- Cutting or damaging trees and other vegetation is strictly prohibited and we request that all guests respect the natural conditions of, and around, the centre.
- The use of disposable BBQs is prohibited.
Raydale Barn guests should only use the facilities in the outside area for whichever accommodation they have booked. See your Booking Confirmation for further details.
Snow and ice risk shared policy
Please be aware that due to our location we can be negatively affected by ice and/or snow at certain times of the year. We may advise you about the safety of travelling to Raydale Barn at these times. We operate a shared risk snow and ice policy. If we advise you that Raydale Barn is inaccessible, we will offer you an alternative date if available or refund all money paid. If however, the centre is accessible but your group are snowed in and can’t get to the centre, ARC will retain all payments made.
- This Booking has been entered into on the understanding that the total number in your party shall not exceed 16 people.
- You are considered to be the group leader and must be over 21 years old.
- You are responsible for the payment of the Booking, the safety of the group and the general housekeeping of the unit during the stay.
- You are responsible for looking after the unit and its equipment during the period of hire and are expected to take good care of it.
- You are advised to check on arrival and report any shortcomings, damage or missing items immediately to us or our representative. You must report and pay for any damage caused to the unit or for equipment lost, damaged, broken or stolen during the occupancy. Unsuitable substitutes are not accepted.
- All the equipment, utensils etc. must be left in a clean condition at the end of the hire period. A charge of £30.00 per hour will be made by us if any additional cleaning is required. You must take all rubbish and recycling with you when you leave.
- Please ensure that all gas cookers, lights and water heaters are switched off, doors and windows are secured, rooms are left clean and tidy and waste bins are emptied, before leaving the key in the key locker.
- If you lose keys, you will be charged for the replacement of all locks covered by these keys.
- Please show consideration for our neighbours and act accordingly. If you or a member of your party fails to comply with this requirement, your Booking may be terminated, and you will be asked to leave the accommodation. If you enter the accommodation after this time, you will be trespassing. No whole or partial refunds will be made if your party is asked to leave under these circumstances.
- We reserve the right to decline a Booking or refuse to hand over the accommodation to any person or group where, in our opinion, facilities are unsuitable for the hirer or any member of the hirer’s party without liability on either side.
- The use of candles, incense burners, flammable liquids/gases, fireworks, smoke machines, dry ice machines, camping stoves and firearms is strictly prohibited at all of our accommodation. Use of such items may result in the party being asked to leave immediately, without refund of any portion of the hire fee.
- We reserve the right to repossess the accommodation at any time where damage has been caused, or in our opinion, is likely to be caused, by you or any member of your party. In such cases we shall not be liable to make a refund of any portion of the hire fee paid.
- We will grant a revocable licence for you to have exclusive use of Raydale Barn for the period of your Booking.
- We will provide LPG gas for you to use for the cooker and water heater.
- We will ensure that:
- the annual gas safety certificate is in date;
- the flue to the wood burning stove has been swept annually;
- any carbon monoxide and/or fire alarms are in working order; and
- the water heater and cooker have been serviced within the preceding 12 months.
Changes to our Agreement
- We will endeavour to make a copy of our current version of these terms and conditions available on our website. We can change this Agreement for any good reason, for instance, where it is necessary to make administrative changes to our registered name, address or contact details or if we want all customers on the same conditions. We will tell you about the change beforehand, as explained here.
- If the change of terms and conditions is not of material detriment to you or you are not a consumer, the new terms and conditions will automatically apply they have been published on our website for not less than 30 days.
- If the change of terms and conditions are of material detriment to you or you are a consumer, the new terms and conditions will automatically apply they have been published on our website for not less than 30 days, unless you terminate your agreement with us within that notice period. If you do this, you won’t have to pay any cancellation charge that would otherwise apply.
- We can change these terms and conditions if new laws or rules make it necessary. We will endeavour to give you 30 days’ notice if we have to do this. The new terms and conditions will automatically apply to You once any notice period that we are able to give you has run out.